I’ve been so anxious to share pictures with ya’ll of our new, beautiful, bright, updated kitchen! It was a big undertaking, bigger than we expected to be honest, but we are so in LOVE with it and spend lots more time in the kitchen these days. I definitely caught the “remodeling bug” with this project, but I’ll be shifting to more do-it-yourself for a while ;)
So here is everything we changed…
- Painted the walls from red to tan.
- Refinished the cabinets white. We had the oak grain smoothed out with puddy and then the cabinets were painted white.
- Added hidden hinges on all the cabinet doors, new hardware from Home Depot, and bigger crown molding along the top of the cabinets.
- Replaced the white tile counter tops (on the perimeter) with Black Pearl granite.
- Doubled our island size and replaced the white tile with a walnut wood counter. We found the island legs on Ebay and the stools at Newegg.
- White porcelain sink was replaced with a Blanco black granite composite undermount 60/40 sink.
- New stainless Delta touch faucet, RO dispenser, and soap dispenser.
- White plastic outlet covers were replaced with stainless steel covers from Home Depot.
- Added a slate brick backsplash from Monterrey Tile Co. Also added lights under the cabinets from Home Depot to show off the backsplash.
We found and worked with some wonderful local companies…
Stonhenge Marble & Granite completed the cabinet refinish, granite counters, tile backsplash install, and sink install.
Powers Wood Source made and installed our beautiful walnut wood island counter.
So take a look at the final product! taaaa-daaaaa…