For a while I’ve been wanting to bring more of my life into the blog and it is one of my 101 goals, so what better excuse to start sharing some randomness with you all each week :) I am not much of a writer and usually blogging takes me way too long, but I’m going to give this a shot.
This week on Monday was my birthday – thank you, thank you everyone for the wishes and messages! Seth and I planned on celebrating it on Saturday with a movie and then getting dressed up for a fancy dinner in Scottsdale. But as usual, we avoided all plans to do something fancy. Instead, we went shopping and Seth picked out and got me two pairs of kinda skinny jeans (“kinda” meaning the closest to skinny jeans I’ll ever buy that aren’t really skinny jeans) and ruined dinner plans by stopping at the pretzel stand in the mall way to close to reservation time. Ha! So we instead went to a late dinner at a close to home favorite, Texas Roadhouse. Aaaand, we loved it.
On Sunday, I had the honor to photograph the wedding of some great friends, Silas and Randi (check out their teasers here). They are an amazing couple and have amazing families, so it was such a great day. Shooting the wedding of close friends also has some perks, like seeing lots of people you know, shakin’ it a little while shooting, and taking pictures of your hubby during the ceremony and reception :)
On Monday, my actual Birthday, I took the day off, slept in, and watched movies on the couch most of the day. I tend to miss my family on holidays, so watching sappy movies on the couch fit my missing them mood :) All and all, it was a great Birthday and to top it off I got some great packages in the mail. My mom and sista run a fun and funky coffee shop and store in Wisconsin and I always know when I get a package from them. When I open the mailbox I can smell it. Yes, SMELL it! The candle scent and smells of home rolls out of the mailbox, pure joy. My dad and stepmom spoiled me as well with…prepare yourselves…a Kelly Moore bag. For those of you who don’t know what this fabulous bag is, its a camera bag that looks like a designer purse. Need I say more? :)
Couple other random notes:
1) I am now a full-time stay-at-home photographer. YAY!! Everyday, I have to force myself to…shower and change pj’s.
2) This week I will have 2 weddings in a row – Friday and Saturday. One of my own and 2nd shooting with the wonderful Diana.
3) On Sunday, I am watching all the Twilight movies in preparation for the next one coming out on 11/18. But P.S. I get to see it on 11/17. Yep yep, I got cool friends.
4) Brownie the tortoise has been moved to the garage, now hibernate my friend.
5) When did November get here? And why is my dog already wearing a Christmas sweater? Hhmm.
And thats it for this week! Thanks for readin :)